It has helped make aspects of my teaching more efficient. For example, I no longer have a long cord running from the conductor's stand to the sound system for the metronome.
Enter . . . . the Tempo app and the Sony Bluetooth receiver! By taking advantage of the iPhone's Bluetooth capabilities, it can wirelessly stream audio to the Sony receiver. The Tempo app works beautifully! Now, I can walk around the classroom, all while being able to control the metronome. This is fantastic because as a teacher, it allows me complete flexibility to move around the room and not be tied to the podium when using the metronome. It also allows me to stream music from the iPhone too!
Tempo has some great features:
- 17 different time signatures
- 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
- Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs, option to flash whole screen on the first beat
- Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
- Tap tempo function
- Tempo ranges from 10 to 300
- Choose from 4 sound sets: Digital, Analog, Shaker and Rock Kit
- Store preset tempos in multiple setlists